[NOBUGS] Freshly built McStas 2.2a released

Peter Kjær Willendrup pkwi at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri May 29 13:16:35 BST 2015

Dear all,

The bug reported earlier today related to the initialization of our random number generator was in fact not as severe as first anticipated:

Using a seed of 0 - which is the default in McStas and means using the clock as random number seed, instead implicitly indeed set the seed to 0 always. This meant that to generate two simulations with statistically different output, one would have had to set the seed explicitly to two different values in the two cases.

In any case, the bug has now been fixed in the newly released McStas 2.2a, which is available for all platforms at http://downloads.mcstas.org/mcstas-2.2

It further seems we have an issue with our "umbrella"-metapackage (called mcstas-suite) for both Debian and RPM systems. The solution is to explicitly install the mcstas-suite-perl and/or mcstas-suite-python packages.

Best regards,

Peter Willendrup

Peter Kjær Willendrup
Senior Research Engineer, Special Advisor

DTU Physics

Technical University of Denmark

[cid:image002.gif at 01CCCAF1.5E6331F0]

Department of Physics