[NOBUGS] PhD Topic Request

Deon Marais Deon.Marais at necsa.co.za
Wed Mar 28 08:39:40 BST 2012

Good day ladies and gentlemen

Let me introduce myself. I am Deon Marais, an engineer working at the South African Nuclear Energy Corporation (Necsa) under Dr. Andrew Venter. I have a bachelor's degree in computer and electronic engineering and a master's degree in nuclear engineering. The reason for this email is to get the communities input on defining a relevant PhD topic for me to pursue. My current interests are automatic beamline alignment, sample alignment, automatisation of experiments and automated data analysis.

We are in the process of upgrading our neutron diffraction facility and therefore this is the perfect time to make some improvements. There are two instruments, a neutron strain scanner (which will be very similar to the Kowari instrument at ANSTO) and a powder diffractometer. We will be using SICS as a control system and GumTree as the user interface.

If anyone can identify a gap in the topics that I mentioned, or have any advice that they can give me, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Deon Marais
(deon.marais at necsa.co.za<mailto:deon.marais at necsa.co.za>)

Deon Marais
Senior Engineer
Tel: +27 12 305 5645
Fax: +27 12 305 5851
Cell: +27 72 435 1137
Email: Deon.Marais at necsa.co.za<mailto:Deon.Marais at necsa.co.za>
Website: www.necsa.co.za<http://www.necsa.co.za/>

[cid:image9493b6.jpg at 45abc905.f94147c3]

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version from NECSA.

Scanned by MailMarshal - M86 Security's comprehensive email content security solution.
Download a free evaluation of MailMarshal at www.m86security.com