[NOBUGS] McStas 2.4 released!

Peter Kjær Willendrup pkwi at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri May 19 08:23:46 BST 2017

Dear all,

 Three minor bugs/annoyances with 2.4 have been found, and now have fixes / workarounds:

* If you experience that your Python mcgui File->Preferences dialogue crashes (https://github.com/McStasMcXtrace/McCode/issues/470), please:
- Linux deb/rpm: Reinstall the package mcstas-tools-python-mccodelib-2.4
- MacOS / Windows: Manually replace the mccode_config.py file as described in the issue link ^

* The MCPL_output component was shipped with a silly off-by-one error that may prevent you from merging the output. (https://github.com/McStasMcXtrace/McCode/issues/475)
- Solution: Cherry-pick MCPL_output.comp via https://raw.githubusercontent.com/McStasMcXtrace/McCode/master/mcstas-comps/misc/MCPL_output.comp

* On older Ubuntu’s (14.04 tested), the dependency python3-pyqtgraph is not available (https://github.com/McStasMcXtrace/McCode/issues/471)
- Solution: Install a newer version from the 16.04 repos as described in the issue link ^

We envisage that new issues can occur over the next weeks, and aim to fix these by a minor update release.

Please report any bug found to our GitHub issue system: https://github.com/McStasMcXtrace/McCode/issues?utf8=✓&q=is%3Aissue%20label%3A%22McStas%202.4%22%20

Best and happy simulating! :-)

Peter

Peter Kjær Willendrup
Senior Research Engineer, Special Advisor

DTU Physics

[cid:image001.gif at 01CCCAF1.5E6331F0]

Technical University of Denmark

[cid:image002.gif at 01CCCAF1.5E6331F0]