[NOBUGS] Seasons greetings + a new ESS moderator comp released

Peter Kjær Willendrup pkwi at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri Dec 18 21:23:23 GMT 2015

Dear McStas users,

We had hoped to have McStas 2.3 ready for release this year, but time turned out too short and we simply did not make it. Hopes are that the next release will be ready during January 2016 - very few things are missing.

In the meantime we do have a small christmas present for the ESS-oriented McStas users ready:

The ESS butterfly moderator is finally available in the download share:
http://mcstas.org/download/share/ESS_moderator_December_2015.tgz

It includes support for both the 3cm and 6cm height butterfly, and the release also comes with a small guidance document in PDF format:
http://mcstas.org/download/share/Reproducing_ESS_butterfly_brillances_with_McStas.pdf

All the best, Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year from

Peter W and the McStas team

Peter Kjær Willendrup
Senior Research Engineer, Special Advisor

DTU Physics

Technical University of Denmark

[cid:image002.gif at 01CCCAF1.5E6331F0]

Department of Physics