[NOBUGS] McStas / VITESS user training workshop 2010

Peter Willendrup pkwi at risoe.dtu.dk
Mon Mar 8 12:57:39 GMT 2010

The McStas and VITESS teams are happy to announce the joint

*** McStas / VITESS user training workshop 2010 ***

To take place at Backafallsbyn in the Swedish island of Ven, May 17th-21st.

The workshop is a school in order to train technical staff and instrument scientists in using Monte-Carlo code to design better neutron devices and instruments. The programme is split into sessions dedicated to different parts (optics, sample environment, detectors, ...). If you work in one of these areas, and feel like simulating it, then this school is for you, especially if you've never done so before.

Sponsorship / Participation / Cost

Generous support from our sponsors
ESS Scandinavia
NMI3 / FP7
Risø DTU
has made it possible to offer sponsored lodging and participation for up to 25 people. If more than 25 people show an interest, a fee will be announced for further participation, that is the first 25 registrations will be free, the up-to-5 following will require accommodation charge (about 600 euros for the entire school).

We would like all participants to attend, as far as possible, the entire school.

All participants must arrange and pay their own transport to Copenhagen Airport. We will arrange joint transportation from CPH to the Island of Ven.

Further information

Please refer to http://www.essworkshop.org for further information and registration.

Best regards,

Emmanuel Farhi (ILL)