[NOBUGS] NOBUGS 2008

Mark Koennecke Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Mon Nov 24 08:31:47 GMT 2008

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone returned safely home from australia.  Let us thank the
local organizer again for all the hard work they put in.
I hope you enjoyed the conference.
At NOBUGS 2008 we decided to create an area on the NOBUGS wiki for the
exchange of python scripts and eclipse-rcp
plugins. Well, these areas have now been set up. Please do not fall into
the post NOBUGS laziness and do contribute!
The new areas are at :

For the NOBUGS report I would like to create a little table comparing
the effort in software  at the various facilities. For this
I need some input:
- The number of people working in data acquisition, data reduction and
data analysis on your facility. Frequently, this will
 just one number as we are jacks of all trades in this respect.
- The number of people running the user office and its associated software.
- The number of instruments you run or you intend to run for facilities
which are still growing.
- A brief information about how much central support your group has:
does it have to do all the system administration,
 networking etc. itself?

Best Regards,

   Mark Koennecke