[NOBUGS] NOBUGS 2016 Abstract submission online

Tobias Richter Tobias.Richter at esss.se
Thu Jun 2 13:14:34 BST 2016

Hello everyone!

Greetings from sunny Scandinavia!

It is a pleasure to announce that we’ve opened our registration system for
abstract submissions.

Please go to https://nobugs.esss.se and follow the links that guide you
through that process. You will need to create an account in the conference
system.

For contributions in the field of the three main themes we will make an
extra effort to fulfil your preferred means of presentation. The key
themes are:
* User Autonomy
* Portability
* Distributed Development

In addition to a poster and a normal length talk (15 min + questions), you
can also opt to give a short presentation of 5 min that needs to run with
auto advancing slides.

At this NOBUGS for the first time we will offer the publication of peer
reviewed proceedings. See https://indico.esss.lu.se/event/357/page/6 and
watch that page for updates. It will be a simple, straightforward online
publication with a DOI - no journal involved to keep the cost low.

We were hoping to also be able to open for registrations at this time.
Unfortunately there are still problems with accepting payments and this
has absorbed some momentum. Everything else is on track though, thanks to
a number of dedicated people behind the scenes.

If there are any questions feel free to contact me or nobugs at esss.se
I hope to see many of you in Copenhagen in October!

Kind regards,

Tobias

For the local organisers
(MAX IV, Copenhagen University and ESS)