[NOBUGS] Nice components or instruments for the next McStas release?

Peter Kjær Willendrup pkwi at fysik.dtu.dk
Thu Sep 17 19:17:33 BST 2015

Hello everyone,

We are slowly preparing the next McStas release - which will be out this fall.

The tentative list of new features includes:

* Further use of the DEPENDENCY keyword for easy auto-compilation with external libs
* A new lightweight mcplot based on Python and Gnuplot
* Improvements to mcgui-py
* The mcwww web-frontend to McStas packaged for Ubuntu/Debian
* New SASview_models component - use sample kernels from SASview in McStas
* Updated version of the nxslib / Sample_nxs from Mirko Boin, HZB
* Spot_sample Q/energy resolution sample from Garrett Granroth, ORNL
* Support for tabulated magnetic fields from Radia via components from Andrea Prodi
* Updated ESS_moderator including the 6cm “butterfly” moderator
* Re-enabled support for binary event files via new MCPL (monte-carlo-particle-list) library from T. Kittelmann, ESS
* Various bugfixes

We would love to have an even longer list of contributions! :-)
- Both components, instruments and other relevant stuff is very welcome!

(And we know some of you guys have nice stuff hidden ‘in your desktop drawers’… ;-) )

So please either:
1) Send your pieces of code directly to someone from the McStas team
2) Clone https://github.com/McStasMcXtrace/McCode/ and patch, add files etc - and send us a pull request

All the best from the McStas team,

Peter Willendrup

Peter Kjær Willendrup
Senior Research Engineer, Special Advisor

DTU Physics

Technical University of Denmark

[cid:image002.gif at 01CCCAF1.5E6331F0]

Department of Physics