[NOBUGS] Instrument control developer position at the Bragg Institute, Sydney, Australia [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

HAUSER, Nick nha at ansto.gov.au
Wed Sep 18 13:48:44 BST 2013

Note that although the position requires Australian citizenship, if you are interested in the position, I encourage you to apply.

About the position

ANSTO is currently seeking an experienced Senior Scientific Programmer to join the team at the Bragg Institute. Responsible for developing and maintaining the control and data acquisition software for the operational and upcoming neutron beam instruments the Senior Scientific Programmer reports directly to the Group Leader, Computer & Electronics. The successful applicant will have extensive project management experience and demonstrate strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and coach others.

Duties and responsibilities

  *   Provide scientific programming support and advice
  *   Independently manage and coordinate projects and resources
  *   Proactively identify and implement improvements
  *   Liaise extensively with instrument scientists, engineering professionals, external suppliers, contractors and manufactures to ensure best possible quality and service
  *   Assist with building capability within the Computer & Electronics team by coaching and training other staff.

Skills and Experience

I am looking for a proactive individual with superior scientific programming capabilities that can lead projects and work seamlessly with various stakeholders of the Bragg Institute.
Nick Hauser, Bragg Institute

Why join ANSTO?

ANSTO employees are passionate about what they do. We enjoy being part of an organisation making a difference in the lives of Australians.

We support and reward our employees through eligibility for:

  *   Training, development and mentoring opportunities
  *   Performance based salary increases
  *   Work-life balance with generous leave entitlements and flexible conditions

Located in the Sutherland Shire, we have free onsite parking, a swimming pool, lunchtime sporting competitions and an onsite café with relaxing break-out areas.

If you want to join a world class organisation that's making a difference in the lives of Australians, apply now!

For further information please view the Position Information Package or contact Jessica Haines or Regan Beckinsale on (02) 9717 3359. To be eligible for appointment, applicants will require a security and medical assessment and must be Australian citizens. Applications must be submitted online.

Applications close: 29 September 2013

http://anstocareers.nga.net.au/cp/index.cfm?event=jobs.checkJobDetailsNewApplication&returnToEvent=jobs.listJobs&jobid=d2882573-422e-47aa-8ae5-a20c0113698a&CurATC=EXT&CurBID=0ac44449-cfc1-4622-9710-9db401354878&JobListID=22fc4f47-e994-46a3-b8c9-9bc901269f43&jobsListKey=99f325d6-ec5b-458d-8751-ea1f8790fd5e&persistVariables=CurATC,CurBID,JobListID,jobsListKey,JobID&lid=07469080039

Dr Nick Hauser
Computing & Electronics Group Leader
BRAGG Institute
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
Tel
Mobile
Email
Web

+61 2 9717 9474
0417418542
nick.hauser at ansto.gov.au<mailto:nick.hauser at ansto.gov.au>
www.ansto.gov.au<http://www.ansto.gov.au/>

[fb]<http://www.facebook.com/DiscoverANSTO> [tw] <https://twitter.com/ANSTO>  [ln] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ansto>  [yt] <http://www.youtube.com/user/ANSTOVideos>

[ansto]

Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the intended addressee. It is confidential to the intended addressee and may contain privileged information and or copyright material. If this email is not intended for your attention, any use, printing, storage , reproduction or further disclosure of this communication (including all attachments) is strictly forbidden. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify me by telephone or email and immediately delete all copies of this transmission as well as any attachments.