[NOBUGS] McStas 2.0RC1 public beta released

Peter Kjær Willendrup pkwi at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri Nov 30 20:16:46 GMT 2012

Hello everyone,

A public beta release of McStas 2.0 called 2.0RC1 has finally been released!

McStas 2.0RC1 is a public beta leading up to the long awaited official McStas 2.0. It is a beta release, but we expect that differences to 2.0 will be minimal.

The full and long list of changes since last official release is available here: http://mcstas-20rc1.mcstas.org/CHANGES_McStas

* If you do not find yourself credited in the long list of contributions - please remind me *

* There is still time if you have contributions you would like us to include in the official 2.0 *

McStas 2.0RC1 is available through this link: http://mcstas-20rc1.mcstas.org for the following platforms

* Linux deb based distros 32 and 64 bit - tested on Debian testing and Ubuntu 64bit
* Linux rpm based distros 32 and 64 bit - tested on Scientific Linux and CentOS 64bit
* Mac OS X 64 bit, packages for 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard
* Windows 32 and 64 bit - tested on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8

!! Please read the README file provided with each platform type before installing !!

For Unix systems we provide a migration script that will allow you to let an existing 1.x release (i.e. 1.12c) co-exist with the new release.

Enjoy! :-)

On behalf of the McStas team,

Peter Willendrup

Peter Kjær Willendrup