[NOBUGS] Advertisement for SOFTWARE SCIENTIST in Sydney, Australia. Closing date 13th September 2010 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

HAUSER, Nick nha at ansto.gov.au
Fri Aug 20 01:22:49 BST 2010

Software Scientist

(Neutron Scattering)

Full-time permanent position

Competitive salary package

Leading edge Research

ANSTO is one of Australia's foremost scientific research and development
organisations, focused on delivering the benefits of nuclear science to
the Australian community.

Bragg Institute is an international leader in Neutron Beam and X-ray
Science, recognised for the excellence of its scientific endeavours, its
facilities, its techniques and its people. The Bragg Institute was set
up in 2002, with the explicit intent of fostering strong interactions
with academic and commercial research organizations both within
Australia and overseas.

We are currently looking for a Scientist with Software Engineering
experience to join our team.  Reporting to the Computing and Electronics
Group Leader you will deliver quality software products for experiment
control and data analysis for ANSTO's instrument scientists and their
users.

You will lead projects which are aligned with customer and stakeholder
needs utilising project management methodologies to take responsibility
for conception, development and ensuring visibility maintained and
delivered on time.

As the successful candidate you will be degree qualified in a Bachelor
of Science in computing and/or physics and/or mathematics or higher
qualification.

Your extensive experience in developing scientific software using the
following will help you succeed in this role:

*         Igor, IDL or python

*         Java & UML 2.0

*         XML & XML schema

*         Data translation

Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal are essential for
this role.

Project management experience, with a focus on planning, tracking of
milestones, assessment of risk and the management of project resources
is a must.

To be eligible for appointment, applicants will require a security and
medical assessment.

For further technical information relating to this position please
contact Nick Hauser on +61 (02) 9717 9474.

TO APPLY and view the Position Information package please visit
www.ansto.gov.au <http://www.ansto.gov.au>  and follow the links to the
vacancies page or contact Megan Lusty on +61 (02) 9717 3094.
Applications must be submitted on-line via our website.

For further information please consult the vacancies page of our website
www.ansto.gov.au <http://www.ansto.gov.au>

Applications close: 13th September 2010

Dr Nick Hauser
Computing & Electronics Group Leader
Bragg Institute, Building 82
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
Locked Bag 2001 Kirrawee DC NSW 2232 AUSTRALIA

T +61 2 9717 9474
F +61 2 9717 9799
M 0417 418 542
E nick.hauser at ansto.gov.au
http://www.ansto.gov.au/research/bragg_institute
http://gumtree.codehaus.org <http://gumtree.codehaus.org/>
Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the
addressee. It is confidential and may contain privileged information or
copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or
further disclosure of this communication is strictly forbidden. If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify me immediately
by telephone and delete all copies of this transmission as well as any
attachments.